The annual Improving Outcomes in the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (IOTOD) conference returned for its 20th year on 11th and 12th May 2022. The educational initiative, run by PCM Scientific, was held virtually for the third year running, covering advanced topics in the treatment of opioid dependence.
Delivered by our CME division PCM Scientific, the IOTOD initiative brings together healthcare professionals from across the globe to share and discuss best practice in the field of opioid dependence.
The annual conference seeks to address the educational needs of healthcare professionals on the topic of improving patients’ outcomes in the treatment of opioid dependence.
We worked with world renowned leading experts in opioid dependence to create a 2-day, CME-accredited virtual conference covering important topics in the treatment of opioid dependence. The event utilised Cogora’s virtual event platform, HCP Connect, and comprised of 6 educational sessions, 15 expert international speakers, 3 sponsored satellite sessions, 2 industry exhibitions and 8 scientific posters.
All live sessions were recorded and made available on-demand for 30 days post event, to enable delegates to access sessions they may have missed at their convenience.
Delegates were educated by expert faculty on the evolving demographics of OUD patients, the latest research in treating OUD, as well as the impact of chronic pain and sleep dysfunction on the development of OUD.
We utilised our highly engaged community of healthcare professionals to promote the virtual event, targeting our media brands Pulse, Nursing in Practice, The Pharmacist, Hospital Healthcare Europe, and Hospital Pharmacy Europe, as well as our existing IOTOD community.
Using a combination of targeted emails, online advertising and social media, our in-house marketing team was able to reach and recruit a wide range of primary and secondary care healthcare professionals with an interest in opioid dependence.
- 790 live and on-demand delegates, from 18 countries
- 15 expert international speakers
- 87% of delegates considered the overall quality and relevance good or excellent
- 75% of delegates committed to practice changes following the event
Over 490 delegates from 18 countries attended the 2-day live event, with 300 additional on-demand registrations and 1,500 page views to the on-demand footage post-event.
Delegates included addiction specialists/practitioners, advanced nurse practitioners/nurses, pharmacists, assistant service managers, GPs, independent prescribers, pain specialists and psychiatrists.
87% of delegates considered the overall quality and relevance good or excellent and as a result, continues to impact clinical practice and make change happen. Over 75% of delegates committed to practice changes following the event.
Feedback from both our delegates and faculty has been impressive.
- ‘Once again, it was a fantastic conference from your organisation, the presentations and the speakers’ IOTOD 2022 delegate
- ‘It was well balanced and I very much enjoyed listening to the speakers’ IOTOD 2022 delegate
- ‘This was fantastic, really well planned and I thought that the guidance with the slides and support to polish them was excellent, thank you team’ IOTOD 2022 faculty
- ‘The team had flawless grip over the development of the meeting and its content’ IOTOD 2022 faculty