The annual IOTOD conference returned
On the 26th and 27th April, the annual Improving Outcomes in the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (IOTOD) returned for its 19th year and for the second time as a virtual conference.
Across the two days, 316 people turned in from across the globe to watch leading experts provide their insight on hot topics within the field, including:
- Evolving patient populations and the role of the digital dealer
- Treating opioid-dependent patients in the COVID-era
- Identifying and managing opioid analgesia dependence – including the perspectives of a former patient
- Available long-acting formulations and the perspectives of these treatments from patients and non-medical prescribers
- Testing for and treating HBV and HCV
The conference then ended with an interactive and passionate panel discussion take place where 5 complex cases were debated between 5 key leaders in the field of opioid dependence.
All of the main plenary content is available to view on-demand on the IOTOD 2021 conference platform until 27th May.