On the 26th and 27th April, the annual Improving Outcomes in the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (IOTOD) returned for its 19th year and for the second time as a virtual conference.
Across the two days, 316 people turned in from across the globe to watch leading experts provide their insight on hot topics within the field, including:
- Evolving patient populations and the role of the digital dealer
- Treating opioid-dependent patients in the COVID-era
- Identifying and managing opioid analgesia dependence – including the perspectives of a former patient
- Available long-acting formulations and the perspectives of these treatments from patients and non-medical prescribers
- Testing for and treating HBV and HCV
The conference then ended with an interactive and passionate panel discussion take place where 5 complex cases were debated between 5 key leaders in the field of opioid dependence.
All of the main plenary content is available to view on-demand on the IOTOD 2021 conference platform until 27th May.