This year we have combined our Pulse LIVE and Nursing in Practice events, bringing our GP and nurse community together for the first time. On 30 September we held the first of these combined events in London, where almost 700 healthcare professionals shared the challenges they are facing in primary care and gained topical and practical advice from our expert speakers.
Pulse LIVE & Nursing in Practice London offered a great opportunity to hear the different perspectives from our audience, and for the different roles to learn from one another.
Topics covered this year included:
- Virtual assessment of people presenting with neurological symptoms
- Liver disease in primary care
- Wound hygiene: Four simple steps to progress hard-to-heal wounds
- Cardio-renal-metabolic multi-morbidity
- Is it long covid?
- Tackling the cholesterol challenge: An innovative approach to lipid management in primary care
- ENT in general practice
- Urology in primary care
The four-stream agenda allowed delegates to pick and choose which sessions to attend, tailoring the event to their individual learning needs. We were joined by Marilyn Eveleigh, registered nurse, midwife, health visitor and advisory board member, Nursing in Practice; Dr Joe McGilligan, senior GP partner in Surrey and former chair, East Surrey CCG; and Dave Munday, lead professional officer (mental health) at Unite the union, health visitor and registered nurse; who each chaired a stream and encouraged delegates to take part in the Q&As.
In the exhibition hall, delegates were able to network with our clients including Benecol, Chiesi, Glenmark, Lantum and Novartis, to discuss their needs and those of their patients.
The event has proved popular with over 97% of attendees recommending it to a friend*. Here’s just some of the great comments we’ve received:
- “Energising to be back at a live event. Great to see friends and engage with learning.”
- “As good as ever. Have really missed the in-person learning.”
- “Since the pandemic, a refreshing change to see exhibitors and speakers delivering updates. Excellent, concise topics presented by good speakers.”
Our team are busy working on the final event in the series for 2021: Pulse & Nursing in Practice Birmingham – 11 November 2021, The National Conference Centre. If you are interested in being there as an attendee, speaker or sponsor, do get in touch: [email protected] for more information.