We kicked off October with Pulse LIVE Newcastle 2019. This year saw a 40% increase in attendees from 2018 and an incredible 97% of attendees said they would recommend the conference to a colleague.
With two streams of presentations to choose from, plus six Your Skills Workshops on offer, there was a huge variety of content covered:
- The Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Programme
- The NHS app: What does it mean for you?
- Paediatric cow’s milk allergy: Common challenges in primary care
- Sexual health workshop
- Gastroenterology for primary care: Investigation and management of gastrointestinal symptoms
- Health Harms of Gambling and How to Reduce Them
- Top tools to speed up your practice
- Young people’s mental Health: How to support young people during the delay to secondary care support
- Reflection, revalidation and appraisal guidance following Dr Bawa-Garba case
- Preventing prostate cancer from becoming a silent killer
- Paediatric emergencies in primary care
- Everything you always wanted to know about ENT (but were afraid to ask)
- Plus much more!
“Very worthwhile attending this conference, lots of learning and a chance to network to share ideas.”
Our speaker panel included:
- Professor Ahmet Fuat, GPSI cardiology darlington and president of the Primary Care Cardiovascular Society
- Dr Sachin Mannikar, consultant paediatrician, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead
- Dr Kevin Barrett, GP partner in Hertfordshire, RCGP & Crohns and Colitis UK Inflammatory Bowel Disease Clinical Champion 2017-2020
- Dr Victoria Middleton, GP partner, medical trainer and clinical lead in palliative care, Priory Medical Group York
- Prof Raanan Gillon, Emeritus Professor of Medical Ethics, Imperial College London
- Dr Patrick Wright, GPSI male sexual dysfunction, clinical lead and Macmillan cancer lead, for North Durham CCG
- Dr Donald Macgregor, consultant paediatrician and senior lecturer in child health
- Plus so many more!
Plus, proving incredibly popular, Dr Ahmed Z Kazmi, GP, Dermatology Specialty Doctor and Comedian took centre stage to open this year’s morning keynote: “Staying well in general practice – A GP & comedian’s perspective”
Take a look at what a selection of our delegates had to say:
- “Brilliant wide range of topics with excellent speakers very useful to cover so many wide-ranging topics in one day.”
- “Excellent, informative day, allows one to attend workshops catered to individual requirements- something for everyone.”
- “Thoroughly enjoyed networking with so many amazing General Practice colleagues. I learnt a lot from the wide variety of excellent speakers, and came away feeling energised and inspired. Thank you Pulse LIVE!!.”
Don’t miss our next events in Glasgow – 6th November, and our newly added event in Leeds – 19th November.