Pulse Learning Seminar: Women’s Health
The first of our autumn Pulse Learning Seminars took place in London on 14th September, and focused on Women’s Health.
Designed for all practising GPs looking for a refresher or to update their skills, Pulse Learning Seminars offer a smaller, more intimate environment in which to get to grips with important clinical topics.
This year’s Women’s Health seminar focused on recent updates in contraception, vitamin D deficiency and osteoporosis, uterine fibroids, managing bleeding problems, perinatal mental health, practical HRT prescribing, the prescribing pitfalls in pregnancy, management of PMS, cervical screening and HPV, and breast cancer.
Speakers this year included:
- Dr Anne Connolly, GPSI gynaecology, Bevan Healthcare Bradford and RCGP, women’s health clinical champion
- Dr Ash Zaman, GP Partner, Brookroyd Surgery, Heckmondwike, tutor and examiner, University of Sheffield Medical School and GP medico-legal witness
- Dr Carrie Ladd, GP Partner, Newbury Street Practice, PMH clinical champion and spotlight project lead, RCGP
- And many more
98% of attendees* would recommend the event to a colleague. Here is what some of our delegates had to say about the day:
- “The best women’s health meeting I’ve attended in the past 45 years. Excellent, keep it up.”
- “This is my first time of attending such an event. The journey from North of England to London was not a waste. Totally worth it.”
Our final seminars of 2018 are both taking place in Manchester and will cover Dermatology on 30 October and CVD & Diabetes on 29 November.
For the latest agendas, speakers, and to register, visit the website.
*of those surveyed