On 25th May, Nursing in Practice visited Bristol to provide local primary care and community nurses with the opportunity to learn new skills in a variety of clinical areas.
The event offered in-depth, cutting-edge sessions, interactive demonstrations and an educational programme that focused on key areas that are a priority for practices.
This year’s agenda covered psoriasis, diabetes and the big topic, sepsis. The expert speaker panel, which included representatives from Mental Health Nursing Association and Bristol Community Health, delivered engaging talks that provided our nurses with the latest insight and advice.
We have already had fantastic feedback from the event attendees
- “The day had a good variety of speakers and topics. We had enough time to network and pick up some good information and tips.” Amanda Smith, Practice Nurse, 2017 Bristol attendee
- “Very pertinent and interesting sessions. I had the opportunity to discover new materials and new organisations.” Carolina Ferreira Marques, Practice Nurse, 2017 Bristol attendee
- “One of the BEST conferences I have attended for the last 3 years! Very knowledgeable and informative. The presenters were very good and I will definitely attend again in the future.” Catherine Darjo, District Nurse, 2017 Bristol attendee
We have a further six events taking place in 2017 at the following locations:
- Nursing in Practice Manchester - 6th June
- Nursing in Practice North East - 22nd June
- Nursing in Practice Yorkshire – 19th September
- Nursing in Practice London - 26th September
- Nursing in Practice Birmingham – 7th November
- Nursing in Practice Cardiff – 23rd November
Nursing in Practice events are conscious of bringing together the nursing community with key stakeholders from across the healthcare industry, with the event also offering an exhibition alongside the conference.
Leading pharmaceutical companies, charitable organisations and innovative providers were able to discuss the latest cutting-edge medications and showcase their products to the attendees.
Now in their 14th year, Nursing in Practice events are free-to-attend and are designed to support nurses in gaining participatory learning hours, building their knowledge, and helping them stay at the cutting-edge of the latest treatments and guidance.