Our most recent Nursing in Practice event saw the team head to Bournemouth for a one-day, free-to-attend event that was focused on the learning and networking needs of primary care and community nurses.
We welcomed practice nurses, health visitors, school nurses, community nurses, district nurses and nurse managers to Bournemouth on 31st October, where they gained clinical knowledge and insight to take back and implement in their workplace.
A whole range of topics were discussed, including sessions on diabetes, shingles immunisation, flu immunisation, GP online services, and the role of nurses in appropriate antibiotic use. Our nurses had the chance to reflect with colleagues and peers, hear from local and national speakers on latest developments for primary care, and spend time discovering the latest innovations to support their practice in our exhibition space.
We have already had fantastic feedback from the event attendees:
- “This was my third year in a row which shows how I value the content – always relevant to the variety of things we deal with in general practice. I always leave feeling that I’ve learned something new.”
- “Excellent learning experience. Great resource and information from the exhibitors. Great to talk to other practice nurses.”
- “I always enjoy the Nursing in Practice events, I walk away feeling enthusiastic! Thank you.”
We are delighted to announce the confirmed dates for 2019!
- Nursing in Practice Liverpool – 5th February
- Nursing in Practice Belfast – 27th February
- Nursing in Practice Glasgow – 5th March
- Nursing in Practice Northampton – 3rd April
- Nursing in Practice Newcastle – 14th May
- Nursing in Practice Birmingham – 20th June
Nursing in Practice events are conscious of bringing together the nursing community with key stakeholders from across the healthcare industry, with the event also offering an exhibition alongside the conference.
Leading pharmaceutical companies, charitable organisations and innovative providers were able to discuss the latest cutting-edge medications and showcase their products to the attendees.
Now in their 15th year, Nursing in Practice events are free-to-attend and are designed to support nurses in gaining participatory learning hours, building their knowledge, and helping them stay at the cutting-edge of the latest treatments and guidance.