Nursing in Practice Belfast 2018
“Fantastic day again. Every time I attend these events I learn something new.”
The second Nursing in Practice event of the year took place in Belfast on 28th February and our intrepid events team made it across from London despite the best efforts of the Beast from the East!
Despite the weather we had a great turnout and attendees benefited from a varied and engaging agenda. Session topics included diabetes, heart failure patients, COPD, female urinary incontinence, sexual and reproductive health, and alcohol use disorders.
Highlights of the day included:
- A keynote from Claire MacLaine, Speech and Language Therapist, Communicating Confidence who gave advice on interacting with patients with cognitive-communication impairments in neurological disorders
- A practical session on shingles immunisation from Dr Kevin Pollock, Lead Healthcare Scientist (Immunisation), Health Protection Scotland
We have had brilliant reviews from the event attendees:
“It was a highly commendable event and a great experience for all nurses.”
“This was my 2nd year at the event and as with the previous year I came away with new knowledge to use in my own practice.”
We have plenty of events coming up around the UK bringing the Nursing in Practice brand to your doorstep:
- Nursing in Practice Northampton – 19th April 2018
- Nursing in Practice North East – 9th May 2018
- Nursing in Practice Manchester – 12th June 2018
- Nursing in Practice Birmingham – 28th June 2018
- Nursing in Practice Bristol – 6th September 2018
- Nursing in Practice London – 25th September 2018
- Nursing in Practice Sheffield – 9th October 2018
- Nursing in Practice Bournemouth – 31st October 2018
- Nursing in Practice Cardiff – 27th November 2018
Nursing in Practice events are conscious of bringing together the nursing community with key stakeholders from across the healthcare industry, with the event also offering an exhibition alongside the conference.
Leading pharmaceutical companies, charitable organisations and innovative providers were able to discuss the latest cutting-edge medications and showcase their products to the attendees.
Now in their 15th year, Nursing in Practice events are free-to-attend and are designed to support nurses in gaining participatory learning hours, building their knowledge, and helping them stay at the cutting-edge of the latest treatments and guidance.