Management in Practice Birmingham 2017
The final Management in Practice conference of 2017 took place in Birmingham on 5th December at the National Conference Centre. The conference saw Practice Managers, GP Partners and Administrative teams attend informative and engaging sessions throughout the day.
With three streams of content on offer, the programme covered a wide range of though provoking topics & content in a variety of session formats, all delivered by expert speakers from across the healthcare landscape. The aim of these events is to provide Practice Managers and Partners with a day dedicated to giving them tangible advice that they can apply practically in practice.
- A brilliant keynote address from Mandy Hickson, motivational speaker and former Royal Air Force fast jet pilot, on how best to inspire teams, how to achieve effective leadership and performance coaching.
- Sessions covering upcoming changes in the law including IR35 and GDPR
- An excellent opening session on the General Practice Forward View from Dr Robert Varnam, Head of General Practice Development, NHS England
What did our delegates think of the event?
- “The event was interesting, informative and engaging. The sessions covered a wide range of the issues faced in general practice management and were most useful. The keynote speaker Mandy Hickson was excellent.” Rebecca Tincello, Compliance and governance Manager
- “Excellent day - a mixture of inspiring and encouraging speakers. I came home with practical ideas to implement in the practice.” Carolyn Hattersley, Practice Manager
- “Management in Practice was extremely helpful in promoting all the different services that are available for the practice to use. The different seminars were also very beneficial as you were able to go to the one that best suited your needs.” Gemma Veck, Assistant Practice Manager
The Management in Practice events team are conscious of bringing together the healthcare community with other key stakeholders from the industry, with the event offering an exhibition alongside the conference.
Leading service providers and associations were able to discuss the latest cutting-edge solutions and showcase their latest products and services to attendees.
Management in Practice events are free to attend for Practice Managers, Practice Directors, Practice Administrators, GP Partners and Secretaries. The events have been designed to support those at the forefront of primary care business management in staying up to date with policy change, developing long term business strategy and seeking practice efficiencies. Management in Practice will return in 2018, travelling to Manchester (14th June), Newcastle (3rd July), London (27th September) and Birmingham (4th December).