Management in Practice Manchester
The first Management in Practice conference of the year took place in June this year at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester. The conference saw hundreds of Practice Managers, Directors and Administrators attend the event, with sessions well attended throughout the day.
There was a full programme of engaging and thought provoking content this year, with a fantastic opening keynote on The General Practice Forward View and a vision for the future of primary care, delivered by Dr Raj Patel, Deputy National Medical Director for Primary Care and Deputy Regional Medical Director North, NHS England.
Other highlights included:
- An update from the CQC delivered by Alison Holbourn, Deputy Chief Inspector of Primary Care, Care Quality Commission
- Sessions covering a variety of topics including GDPR, social prescribing and working at scale
- A panel discussion on GP leadership and the wider primary care offer to LCOs
- A packed exhibition with a range of services and products available to improve your practice’s performance
What did our delegates think of the event?
- “A very useful event to update knowledge and hear from expert speakers. Lovely to network with colleagues, old and new. A variety of stands offering helpful services.” – Margaret Everitt
- “Thought provoking sessions with hints and tips that I can take away and apply in the practice. It's good for networking, well organised and makes you realise you're not alone in your job!” – Rachael Pengelly
- “Well worth while attending. Speakers were excellent and incredibly knowledgeable. Also gave us the opportunity to meet other Practice Managers & Doctors and discuss current affairs and what’s going on in General Practice” – Kate Evens
The Management in Practice events team are conscious of bringing together the healthcare community with other key stakeholders from the industry, with the event offering an exhibition alongside the conference.
Leading service providers and associations were able to discuss the latest cutting-edge solutions and showcase their latest products and services to attendees.
Management in Practice events are free to attend for Practice Managers, Practice Directors, Practice Administrators, GP Partners and Secretaries. The events have been designed to support those at the forefront of primary care business management in staying up to date with policy change, developing long term business strategy and seeking practice efficiencies. Management in Practice will be travelling to London on 27th September and then on to Birmingham on 5th December.