The final Management in Practice conference of the year took place at the start of December at The National Conference Centre in Birmingham.
Practice Managers and Directors, GP Partners, Finance Officers and Administrators from across the Midlands joined us for a day packed full of informative and engaging sessions led by our expert speaker panel.
From the bustling exhibition to the in-depth keynote presentation given by Dr Raj Patel, Deputy National Medical Director for Primary Care and Deputy Regional Medical Director North, NHS England, there was plenty for attendees to get involved in at the event.
- An update from the CQC delivered by Janet Williamson, Deputy Chief Inspector, primary medical services & dental services, Care Quality Commission
- Sessions covering a variety of topics including employment law masterclass, social prescribing and managing business risk
- A closing talk by Dr Robert Varnam, Clinical Lead, Primary Care Transformation, Sustainable Improvement Team, NHS England on realising the potential in primary care networks
What did our delegates think of the event?
- “The content of the seminars and speeches was excellent and I would attend again. I feel as though I got a lot from the day.”
- “This event has allowed me to update my knowledge of the impact of technology, from both the lectures and exhibitors. I have also taken back some useful nuggets to make my practice better and achieve an outstanding rating.”
- “A thought provoking and inspiring day. The trade stands allowed me to discuss briefly with potential suppliers with a non-committal approach.”
The Management in Practice events team are conscious of bringing together the healthcare community with other key stakeholders from the industry, with the event offering an exhibition alongside the conference.
Leading service providers and associations were able to discuss the latest cutting-edge solutions and showcase their latest products and services to attendees.
Management in Practice events are free to attend for Practice Managers, Practice Directors, Practice Administrators, GP Partners and Secretaries as well as those working in finance, IT, and HR roles in practices. The events have been designed to support those at the forefront of primary care business management in staying up to date with policy change, developing long term business strategy and seeking practice efficiencies.
Management in Practice events are now complete for 2018, but we will be travelling around the UK once again in the New Year – come and visit us in:
- Management in Practice Manchester – 11 June 2019, Bridge Water Hall
- Management in Practice Newcastle – 4 July 2019, Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
- Management in Practice London – 26 September 2019, Olympia London
- Management in Practice Birmingham – 3 December 2019, NCC