On Thursday 30th November at the Royal Lancaster London Hotel we were delighted to recognise the achievements of individuals and teams from across primary care at the General Practice Awards 2017.
The event showcased the work of those who are making a real difference, highlighting their talent, dedication and innovation, and the many ways they are striving to keep the nation healthy.
Our host was Dr Peter McDonald, Consultant General Surgeon at Northwick Park and St Mark’s (NPM), who got everyone laughing with his speech titled GIBLETS AND TRIPE – focusing on the lighter side of being a bowel surgeon! The evening was a great success full of excitement, celebration and lots of dancing.
We are delighted to announce our 2017 winners:
- Clinical Team of the Year – Dermatology: Best Foot Forward Leg Club
- Clinical Team of the Year – Diabetes: Shakespeare Health Centre
- Clinical Team of the Year – Long Term Conditions: Shotfield Medical Practice Sponsored by egton
- Clinical Team of the Year – Nutrition: Weightwise, City Health Care Partnership, CIC
- Clinical Team of the Year – Paediatrics: Clover Health Limited
- Clinical Team of the Year – Respiratory: Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programme
- Clinical Team of the Year – Sexual Health: ‘Play Safe, Stay Safe’ – The University Health Centre Sponsored by NUPAS
- General Practice Forward View Innovations – Developing the Practice Team: West Wakefield Health & Wellbeing Ltd Sponsored by NHS England
- General Practice Forward View Innovations – Improving Access and Continuity: Barnsley Healthcare Federation, i-HEART Sponsored by NHS England
- General Practice Forward View Innovations – Productive Workflows: Gateshead EXTRA Care – Extended Access Sponsored by NHS England
- General Practice Forward View Innovations – Using Social Prescribing and Supporting Self Care: High Weald Lewes Havens Clinical Commissioning Group & Buxted Medical Centre Sponsored by NHS England
- The ‘Healthcare Leader’ of the Year: Dr Emma Tiffin Sponsored by First Practice Management
- Nursing Team of the Year: Tyrell Hospital, The Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
- The ‘Nursing in Practice’ Nurse of the Year: Reena Patel Sponsored by MPS
- The ‘Pulse’ General Practitioner of the Year: Dr Karen Brown Sponsored by MPRS
- General Practice Team of the Year: Richmond Road Medical Centre Sponsored by CFH Docmail
- The ‘Pulse’ GP Trainee of the Year: Dr Pippa Le Page Sponsored by Galliard Homes
- The ‘Management in Practice’ Practice Manager of the Year: Ann Neville Sponsored by Dene Healthcare
- The ‘Pharmacist’ Pharmacist of the Year: Dr Graham Stretch
- The ‘Pulse’ General Practice Lifetime Achievement Award: Professor Aneez Esmail Sponsored by Clark Weightman
- Communications Provider of the Year: MPS
- Educational Provider of the Year: First Practice Management
- Financial Advisor of the Year: Lloyds
- Insurance Provider of the Year: MPRS
- IT Provider of the Year: Microtest
- Legal Team of the Year: VWV Healthcare Lawyers
- Medical Supplier of the Year: Dene Healthcare
- Property Advisors of the Year: Galliard Homes
- Staffing Agency of the Year: Medical Staffing
If you would like more information about the GP Awards and how to enter for next year’s ceremony – please contact email@example.com.
Plus, don’t forget to visit the website for the 2017 photo gallery!