Through our media brand, Hospital Pharmacy Europe, we were able to create, market and manage a satellite symposium at a European oncology pharmacy congress, targeted towards our audience of senior hospital pharmacists.
How stable is stable enough?
Subsequent to a Roundtable that focused the attention of Europe’s most senior hospital pharmacists on matters concerning practical infusion stability of oncology drugs, our client commissioned us to create, market and manage a satellite symposium at a European oncology pharmacy congress.
Drawing on findings from the Roundtable, we proposed and agreed with the client the agenda best able to convey the salient points, while appealing to the audience we were hoping to attract.
When putting together the content for the symposium, we approached and recruited the services of speakers on the basis of (1) their published track record of mastery of the subject; (2) their ability to enthuse an audience, in (3) a foreign language, ie. English, and (4) our longstanding relationship with them. We briefed the speakers (having identified one as the chair) and managed all slide presentations through the ABPI compliance process.
We created and managed the deployment of all marketing collateral.
- Invitation e-mails
- Print ad in Hospital Pharmacy Europe magazine
- An ad in the event brochure
- An online banner on the Hospital Pharmacy Europe website
- Flyers for distribution at the event
- Pull-up banners strategically placed at the venue
- Copies of the Hospital Pharmacy Europe Roundtable write-up for distribution on the client’s stand and at the entrance to the symposium
- A static screen advertisement on the client’s stand
For every one person who attended the satellite symposium running simultaneously, 4.5 came to ours. The presentations finished to schedule, but the Q&A session that ensued had to be curtailed, such was the level of engagement.
A write of the event was subsequently published in Hospital Pharmacy Europe magazine.