We promoted the only oral typhoid vaccine on the market to 650 practice nurses through a series of successful and engaging roadshows.
Build brand awareness of an oral typhoid vaccine, Vivotif, from PaxVax in the UK, a new commercial organisation offering vaccines against a number of communicable diseases. Vivotif is the only oral typhoid vaccine available on the market.
Cogora: The Agency put together a series of CPD-accredited roadshows for UK practice nurses, who are frequently the clinical staff responsible for administering travel vaccines such as typhoid. We conducted a targeted marketing campaign, using our extensive in-house database of nurse contacts to drive recruitment for the roadshows. Materials used to raise awareness and encourage attendance at the roadshows included:
- Recruitment website
- Web banners on relevant industry websites
- Press adverts in industry publications
- Postal leave-pieces
- Invitation emails
- Marketing phone calls
- Retention emails and phone calls, aimed at encouraging nurses who had registered their interest to actually attend the event
- 652 attendees at 10 roadshows
- 98% of attendees said they would return next year to learn more
- 70% would be happy to receive future product information from PaxVax
- 63% of nurses who registered their interest attended the event
The result was 10 face-to-face training events held in 7 cities, reaching over 650 practice nurses, with some excellent feedback received from delegates. Furthermore, Cogora: The Agency was able to use the feedback and lessons learned from the roadshows to put together a tactical report, outlining possible future communication channels for Vivotif’s marketing activities and suggesting alterations to messaging and focus that will inform PaxVax’s future strategic decisions.