We are looking for an experienced news journalist to work for our multi-award-winning general practice title.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled journalist to take a role shaping the news content of a multi-award-winning, market-leading team.
Working predominantly across online, the perfect candidate will have flair for writing and enjoy making contacts and sourcing stories.
The senior reporter/deputy news editor will produce top-quality news stories, covering political news that engages the magazine’s GP audience, and is constantly featured across national media. They will be able to step in to news edit to cover the deputy editor when needed.
They will work collaboratively in a small team, and also be part of a friendly, stimulating editorial environment at the magazine, which is one of a bigger group of healthcare publications.
The role is ideal for an experienced journalist who is comfortable writing fast, accurate copy but also enjoys longer-term, off-record stories.
This is a hybrid role, working one day or more a week at our offices in Farringdon in the City of London.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, so please send a CV, cover letter and examples of published work to news editor Sofia Lind at email@example.com without delay!
- Writing around two-three news stories a day, including one lead
- Finding exclusive stories they will write up themselves, or pass on to the team
- Cover for the deputy editor on news as required
- Building contacts to share with the rest of the news team
- Occasionally writing news-led features for Pulse magazine
- Working within tight print and online deadlines
- Going out to meetings and conferences
- Working with the rest of the editorial team to shape the content and direction of the magazines
- Uploading content to the website.
- An experienced news reporter, with at least three years’ solid news reporting experience;
- A track record of finding exclusive stories;
- The ability to write fast, accurate copy;
- Some knowledge of the health sector.
- Experience of health policy reporting;
- News editing experience – either as a news editor or deputising for the news editor.
- Science degree;
- Experience of data journalism
Cogora is one of the UK’s leading full-service healthcare marketing agencies, that sits at the heart of a highly engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years, we have cultivated and grown engaged communities of healthcare professionals, learning what they do, think and really need, in order to provide them with innovative and impactful education that helps them deliver high-quality care to their patients.