Senior Medical Writer
A Senior medical writer is required to join our growing team in our new London offices in Old Street
To provide scientific support for designated projects and new business proposals.
To represent the Medical Writing function with KOLs and financial supporters.
To deliver written content which exceeds client expectations.
Working within the Medical Writing Department in conjunction with Project Teams with a focus on allocated projects and Business Development.
- To provide the scientific and medical support to ensure successful project delivery.
- To work with the business development team and contribute to new business proposals.
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with financial supporters and external opinion leaders, as required.
- To develop expertise and knowledge across a range of therapeutic areas of projects, including an understanding of the science behind products within the disease state.
- To write high quality scientific copy aimed at the appropriate level for target audiences.
- To develop a range of writing styles appropriate for a variety of media, e.g. scientific manuscripts, abstracts, PowerPoint slides, meeting reports, newsletters, educational materials, websites, etc.
- To attend and report on conferences and external meetings, as required.
- To ensure high standards and scientific accuracy are maintained for all written materials.
- To comply with, and endorse, company procedures.
- To incorporate adult education best practices within learning materials.
- To develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels within PCM and proactively encourage and implement improved efficiencies
- Educated to at least degree level in medicine, pharmacy, or life sciences
- At least 3+ Years Experience as a Medical Writer
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate scientific copy in a range of writing styles
- Excellent understanding of the science and data behind client marketing messages and strategy
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written communication skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good research skills
- Extensive knowledge of grammar rules/house style
- Fluent in the use of proof marks
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday