We are looking for an eagle-eyed journalist to work as a reporter for our primary care titles.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled journalist to take a role shaping the news and features content of our three market-leading healthcare magazines – Healthcare Leader, Management in Practice and The Pharmacist.
Working across the titles’ digital platforms the perfect candidate will have flair for writing and enjoy making contacts and sourcing stories.
The reporter will be expected to split their time across the three publications to produce top-quality news stories, features and interviews, covering healthcare news that engages the magazines’ target audiences of primary care commissioners and leaders, practice managers and community pharmacists.
They will work collaboratively in a small team and also be part of a friendly, stimulating editorial environment at the magazines, which are part of a bigger group of healthcare publications.
The role is ideal for a journalist looking to make their name as a news reporter in a fast-paced, demanding and fulfilling environment. They will be efficient and able to split their time. It will be a busy job but should appeal to an ambitious candidate with a flair for health journalism.
It is preferable, but not essential, for the successful candidate to have a journalism qualification. It is essential to have some demonstrable experience of writing news.
- Writing news stories and news-led features for The Pharmacist, Healthcare Leader and Management in Practice
- Going out of the office to meetings and conferences
- Uploading content to our websites
- Working within tight deadlines
- Working with the rest of the editorial team to shape the content and direction of the magazines
- Assisting with social media across the three publications
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday