We are seeking an Operations Manager for an immediate start. The successful candidate will join a very busy events team of seven and will be responsible for managing all the logistics and exhibitor liaison for event portfolios within the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at an exciting, multi-platform media business with market-leading magazines, events, research and online portals. Reporting to the Event Director, the role’s core responsibilities will include:
- To support and assist in the design and delivery of Cogora’s events programme face to face and virtual
- Support the planning of the event calendar.
- Assist with sourcing venues
- Manage supplier research and negotiations
- Liaison with venue and supplier for room set up, catering, audio visual, exhibition stand layout etc.
- Manage use of operations and logistics budget for specified events
- Preparing all onsite materials including printed signage, agenda, event bags
- Co-ordinating the event on the day(s) and troubleshooting as required
- Co-ordinating colleagues assisting with the event on the day(s)
- Liaison with sponsors/exhibitors
- Manage exhibitor manuals and floorplans
- Run the event onsite and be the main point of contact for suppliers, exhibitors and Cogora staff
- Manage operations budget supporting ED
- Assisting with event marketing and delegate sales/initiations when required
- At least 3-year experience working on B2B conferences and exhibitions
- Excellent organisation skills, meticulous attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills – confidence to present observations/advice to (senior) colleagues and clients
- Confident on the phone and not afraid to call exhibitors and suppliers to gather quick answers to questions
- “Can do” attitude to take ownership of plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High aptitude for spelling and grammar with accuracy in data entry and proof-reading
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work within a budget and negotiate where needed
- Able to build and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Team player
- High level of computer literacy, in particular with Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility to travel to events within the UK with some overnight stays required
To apply please send you CV to email@example.com
Cogora is one of the UK’s leading full-service healthcare marketing agencies, that sits at the heart of a highly engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years, we have cultivated and grown engaged communities of healthcare professionals, learning what they do, think and really need, in order to provide them with innovative and impactful education that helps them deliver high-quality care to their patients.