This is an exciting opportunity to help set the news agenda for four market-leading healthcare brands.
The right candidate will be a newshound, experienced in setting a daily news agenda with a team of reporters, be confident in delivering exclusive investigations and have top-quality writing and editing skills. The news editor will work within a team of talented journalists and be part of a growing and innovative publishing company which offers flexible working, whether in our central London office, remotely, or hybrid.
- Managing a team of reporters to deliver news stories, news analysis and blogs for the publications’ websites and daily newsletters.
- Editing news stories daily and help reporters deliver exclusive investigations.
- Writing for an audience of nurses, managers and community pharmacists who work for the NHS and want to know the latest news, policies, opinions and advice.
- Working with the editor on new projects, such as roundtables, podcasts and social media campaigns.
- Working under an editor on Nursing in Practice, which is a print and digital magazine, and the digital-only publications The Pharmacist, Management in Practice and Healthcare Leader.
- Working within our wider editorial team which includes the company’s other healthcare publications; Pulse, Pulse Intelligence and Pulse PCN.
- At least five years’ experience in journalism.
- At least one years’ experience in a news editor role.
- Experience in editing news articles.
- A track record of delivering exclusives.
- A track record of delivering investigations and/or campaigns.
- Experience in managing a reporter/reporters.
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday