Due to our continued growth within our medical writing team as well as recent acquisitions, we have an exciting opportunity for a medical writer to join us, either remotely or based part-time in our London office.
- To write scientific content and medical support to ensure successful project delivery
- To work independently and within teams to deliver high quality content in alignment with Agency processes and standards
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and KOLs, considers feedback and acts as a point of contact for day-to-day inquiries.
- Travel to meetings and conferences and act as an on-site resource for the client providing writing and project management services
- Contribute to strategy discussions with clients, KOLs, and help develop ideas
- Efficiently manage workload across several accounts with attention paid to appropriately prioritising workloads, communicating with different teams to manage timelines.
- Development of written materials (suitable for review by senior team member) in line with client objectives, ABPI Code of Practice, timelines, target audience and key messages
- Ensure the scientific integrity and editorial quality of content developed across multiple therapy areas
- Types of content to include manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide presentations, meeting reports, newsletters, educational materials, websites, infographics, marketing materials
- Ensures editorial content is fully and appropriately referenced, accurate and data-checked/QCed
- Incorporates feedback to further refine writing style
- Educated to at least degree level in medicine, pharmacy, or life sciences; higher qualification (e.g. MSc, PhD) preferred
- Solid track record (approx. 1 year) of previous medical writing experience gained within a medical communications agency or scientific publishing environment
- Ability to produce “de novo” high quality and accurate scientific copy in a range of writing styles
- Understanding of the science and data behind client marketing messages
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good research skills
- Willingness/ability to learn and apply new skills and new scientific/therapy area/regulatory information
- Ability to verbally communicate key scientific concepts to broad audiences (public speaking) a plus
- Extensive knowledge of grammar rules/house style; use of proof marks; creation of reference packs
Cogora is one of the UK’s leading full-service healthcare marketing agencies, that sits at the heart of a highly engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years, we have cultivated and grown engaged communities of healthcare professionals, learning what they do, think and really need, in order to provide them with innovative and impactful education that helps them deliver high-quality care to their patients.