Junior Front-end Web Developer
We are looking for a Junior Front-end Web Developer with an extraordinary drive, passion and talent to help keep us moving forward at pace. The Junior Front-end Web Developer will be joining the Development team, reporting directly to the Development Team Lead, working across multiple web sites and helping us to constantly improve. The Development team maintains more than 20 web sites and we’re looking for an individual to help us shape our products and turbo-charge performance.
In this data-rich, fast-paced testing and learning environment, the successful Junior Web Developer will be responsible for creating and updating our various web sites as well as HTML newsletters or banners. The right candidate will use best practices to drive decisions and always look for opportunities to improve the experiences of internal users.
We’re looking for a Junior Front-end Web Developer who is smart, methodical and highly motivated to take on responsibility, make an impact and get their hands dirty.
- Take responsibility for Cogora’s many web sites
- Maintain quality and accuracy for all web development within Cogora
- Work within the change control process for all systems
- Constantly identify new business opportunities through analysis
- Service Internal teams to enable streamlined business processes
- Update relevant stakeholders on new processes and improvements
- Have one to two years’ experience in the industry, resulting in a strong technical understanding of CMS platforms. Experience in any other open source platforms advantageous.
- WordPress – a good understanding of the platform, modifying HTML, configuring plugins etc.
- CSS 3 – understanding how to control the layout of the page and its content using hand-coded CSS.
- Working knowledge of MySQL databases/phpMyAdmin
- Cross—browser development and testing experience.
- Programming skills and logical and creative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of best practices, usability and awareness of web standards.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Good understanding of on-page SEO and applying WordPress or plug-ins.
- Knowledge of Responsive Design.
- Previous experience with Google analytics and tracking code application.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Creative and innovative thinking, proactive in resolving any issue that may occur.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organization, time management & prioritisation skills.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Absolutely must have a strong work ethic, inquisitive approach to everything and insatiable desire to be part of a growing digital media company and learn more.
- Desired: Drupal, Moodle, SASS, BootStrap4 (or earlier version), Adobe Photoshop.
IMPORTANT: Please do not apply for this role if you cannot hand-write HTML or CSS.
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday