Deputy Editor (maternity cover)
This is an exciting opportunity to take a role in helping to shape the editorial direction of three market-leading digital healthcare magazines, The Pharmacist, Management in Practice and Healthcare Leader.
The maternity cover role will involve managing a team of reporters to produce the best news and feature content for our websites serving community pharmacists, NHS commissioners and practice managers.
Working under the editor-in-chief, the right candidate will be experienced in setting a news agenda, be confident in delivering exclusive investigations and have top-quality writing and editing skills. They will be working with the team on the day-to-day delivery of news, features, analysis and blogs for the publications’ newsletters and there will be plenty of scope to work with the team on new projects, such as roundtables, podcasts and social media campaigns.
The deputy editor will also work within a wider editorial team which includes the company’s other healthcare publications; Pulse and Nursing in Practice.
The right candidate will have at least five years’ experience in journalism and looking for a step up from a news editor or features editor role. Trade journalism and/or health journalism is preferred, but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV to Gemma Collins firstname.lastname@example.org and Carolyn Scott email@example.com or apply below.
- At least five years’ experience in journalism;
- Experience in editing news or feature articles
- A track record of delivering exclusives
- A track record of delivering investigations and/or campaigns
- A background of commissioning articles;
- At least one years’ experience in a news or features editor role;
- A background in trade journalism;
- A background in health journalism;
- A background in clinical journalism
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday