This role sits within the events team responsible for the conferences and events which go alongside our magazine brands. It is a close-knit, sociable team, driven by delivering and exceeding KPIs of attendance, delegate satisfaction and commerciality which is achieved by working together to constantly come up with new ideas.
Whilst there are personnel within the team responsible for logistics, marketing, sales etc, the production team hold a project management responsibility and are targeted against revenue and delegate footfall.
The portfolio is likely to change as events transition back from virtual to a ‘normal’ annual calendar as we are running a reduced programme in 2021 H2. These events are typically the same core premise, ‘repeated’ in multiple locations throughout the year and finding novel ways to ensure fresh content and engagement is key.
- Programme development on a series on events for GPs/Nurses/Practice Managers covering a range of clinical and non-clinical issues These range from single stream clinical events to multi-stream conference exhibitions.
- Primary research, desk research and consultation with internal advisors and external advisory boards to understand key drivers as well as keeping up to date with editorial content to ensure brand synergy
- Project management of events including
- Sponsor liaison (pre and post sale)
- Speaker recruitment and management in run up to event including speaker briefings
- Negotiating expenses and organising travel/accommodation where appropriate
- Assembling speaker materials i.e. biographies
- Receiving presentations
- Post event analysis and feedback
- On site management of conference programme and speakers
- On site assistance at other events outside of personal portfolio
- Staying up to date on the latest issues affecting primary care
Supporting events marketing campaigns
- Working with the marketing team to develop marketing messaging and USPs
- Monitoring of audiences to target and reasons why they would attend
- Providing copy for emails, websites and other marketing
- Coordination and management of contra and media partnerships to increase brand reach
- Constantly developing your knowledge of the healthcare sector
- Tracking the activity of direct competitors in our sector
- Keeping abreast of wider developments in the business information marketplace and liaising with SPEX to ensure this is reflected in commercial content
- Proactively suggesting new processes and ways of working to improve results
- Investigating new formats and ways of engaging delegates at events
- Constantly developing your understanding of the needs and motivators of our target audiences and supporter and filtering this to internal stakeholders (including marketing and sales) to improve and refine the events
- Any other reasonable task required
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 18 months experience in creating content for B2B events within either a conference production or agency role and/or a relevant science/medical degree. Experience within healthcare events will beneficial.
Candidates should be driven by seeing an event achieve its target as well as the overall success of the team. They should be confident in taking responsibility for their events and working autonomously whilst ensuring that all key stakeholders in the team are up to date with event progress. As events may be repeated several times through a year, the right candidate will be motivated by becoming an expert in the field/topic and be driven to constantly find new ways to engage the audience, as opposed to constantly working on a ‘blank sheet of paper’.
The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines is essential. The successful candidate must be able to multitask, working on multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates should have an understanding of commercial drivers to events and ability to identify and resolve potential conflict between delegate and sponsor objectives.
Must be confident with Microsoft office and willing to travel (UK only).
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday