Clinical Editorial Assistant
Market-leading European medical journals looking for an eagle-eyed science graduate to work as clinical editorial assistant.
We are looking for a bright clinical assistant to join our editorial team, working on creating and commissioning content for our two market-leading print and digital healthcare publications Hospital Pharmacy Europe and Hospital Healthcare Europe.
The job is an ideal starting position for a science graduate keen to break into medical publishing or journalism.
The successful candidate will have a science background and preferably some qualification in journalism or science communication. They will have excellent organisational skills, an ability to work collaboratively in a small team and have a high level of attention to detail.
Reporting to the content director for the two publications, they will be responsible for commissioning clinical articles for an audience of hospital pharmacists and European consultants.
They will also be tasked with writing short clinical news articles, producing email bulletins and working on the brands’ social media to improve their digital presence.
They will work within a wider team of health journalists who are writing for six other publications for healthcare professionals working within primary care, as well as working within the wider company to share their expertise and learn new skills.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working alongside the content director to deliver compelling copy online and in print for Hospital Pharmacy Europe and Hospital Healthcare Europe
- Commissioning a range of clinical articles for online and print
- Building an awareness of the industry to generate high-quality, relevant content and contact building in the pharmacy sector
- Working within tight deadlines
- Working with the content director and group editor to shape the content and direction of the magazines and coming up with ideas to improve engagement.
- Assisting with social media and putting together email bulletins for the publications
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday