Business Development Manager
London / Remote
This is an exciting role working in the heart of the pharmaceutical industry within our secondary care media team, you will be working on complex, multimedia projects with some of the biggest companies in the world speaking to highly qualified medical experts and helping them to deliver crucial medical marketing and educational information to healthcare professionals.
You should be self-motivated, insatiably curious, determined to succeed, hungry for knowledge and have an infectious enthusiasm for self-improvement and working to a high standard.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to progress in their career. You will ideally have been in sales for at least two years, some prior experience in pharma is welcome but not essential although you should have a demonstrably successful career to date. Anyone with a combination of medical or scientific experience and sales should apply but if you are creative enough and think you can do the role, we are open to all candidates.
This is a flexible role in terms of location so we also invite applicants from around the globe and although there is no specific requirement to be in the office part-time, a willingness and desire to travel to be with colleagues providing it is safe to do so would be advantageous.
This role has been created to help facilitate the growth across our secondary care platforms Hospital Healthcare Europe and Hospital Pharmacy Europe.
Spanning almost every aspect of healthcare with 7 leading brands, an in-house agency team and a wealth of resources. It has never been a more exciting time to work in the pharmaceutical industry and help it evolve to support the ever-increasing demands on healthcare professionals.
- Identify prospects in the allocated territory
- Grow and maintain a consistent pipeline of opportunities
- Present, promote and sell existing and new services
- Managing and servicing your allocated accounts ensuring that they are constantly aware of our new and existing services
- Represent Cogora at key industry events both physically and virtually
- Learn about the industry and help develop new products and services to help support our clients’ goals and objectives
- Maximise revenue from client portfolio across the full suite of Cogora services
- Work with and support your colleagues in helping the department to achieve its goals and objectives
- Conduct regular market research/competitor analysis for the purpose of driving sales and increasing revenue across Cogora brands.
- Maintaining accurate and reliable use of the internal IT and CRM systems for data capture and workflow management
- Maintain knowledge of relevant data regulations including GDPR in line with company policies
- Doing the job to the best of your abilities and asking for assistance when required
- Keeping record of your interactions with clients on salesforce, using the data intelligently and with GDPR regulations in mind
- Work alongside commercial director and team to identify and champion new commercial opportunities for Cogora
You are passionate, determined to learn, develop and succeed whilst striving to be the very best version of yourself, help clients, improve the effectiveness of medical education and marketing messages in helping healthcare professionals provide better patient care and treatment? Then drop us a message.
This is a hybrid role of account management and new business with opportunities to develop and progress in the role.
Nice to have but by no means essential
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical sales
- A medical or scientific degree
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday