Associate Medical Writer
To provide scientific and editorial support on key accounts and to support creative concept development for educational activities.
Produce accurate research and editorial content across key accounts as well as for new business proposals under direction of mentors. Provide quality control and data-checking skills to projects to ensure high standards are upheld.
Working within the Medical Writing Department in collaboration with Account, Design, Development and Marketing teams focusing on existing projects as well as assisting with new business development.
- To write scientific content for a range of medical education activities that meet the client needs, educational needs of the program, maintaining high quality standards and timelines
- Seeks and takes on feedback from senior team members as appropriate to support professional development
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and KOLs, considers feedback and acts as a point of contact for day-to-day inquiries.
- Travel to meetings and conferences and act as an on-site resource for the client providing writing and project management services
- Develops appreciation and understanding of regulations guiding good medical education practice, including ABPI, GPP guidance, principles of good CME practice and all stand pharmaceutical industry regulations for relevant operations
- Development of written materials (suitable for review by senior team member) in line with client objectives, timelines, target audience and key messages of campaign.
- Ensure the scientific integrity and editorial quality of content developed across multiple therapy areas
- Types of content to include manuscripts, abstracts, posters, power-point presentations, meeting reports, newsletters, educational materials, websites, infographics, marketing materials
- Ensures editorial content is fully and appropriately referenced, accurate and data-checked/QCed
- Attends conferences/symposia/client meetings to support content development, execution and post-meeting evaluations/report development
- Liaises with authors, expert faculty advisors with the support of senior team members as required
- Ensures line manager and accounts team, where appropriate, are continually updated on project progress
- Develops an understanding of client products, disease areas
- Develops an understanding of medical communications strategy and can contribute to material based on scientific understanding and interpretation of product attributes and data
- Follows best practice for content development, working with KOLs and clients as well as internal team partners
- Flags workload and progress as appropriate to line / project managers
- Contributes to internal initiatives / taskforces as required, attends training to expand knowledge and skills
- Develops and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels within Cogora
- Good time-keeping and punctual time-sheet submission
- Educated to at least degree level in medicine, pharmacy, or life sciences; higher qualification (eg MSc, PhD) preferred
- No experience required, but interest and demonstrated skill in writing, communicating preferred.
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate scientific copy in a range of writing styles
- Understanding of the science and data behind client marketing messages
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and adherence to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday