Associate Medical Writer
Due to our continued growth within our Medical writing team as well as recent acquisitions we have an exciting opportunity for an associate medical writer to join us, either remotely or based part-time in our London office, as part of the CME division, PCM Scientific.
We are open to accepting applications from those who are looking to take the first steps into a career as a medical writer.
- To provide the scientific and medical support to ensure successful project delivery.
- To conduct independent research into therapy areas, products, congresses, experts and competitive landscapes.
- To work, under supervision, with the business development team to contribute to new business proposals.
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with financial supporters and external opinion leaders, as required.
- To develop expertise and knowledge across a range of therapeutic areas of projects
- To write high quality scientific content aimed at the appropriate level for target audiences.
- To develop a range of writing styles (e.g. scientific manuscripts, abstracts, PowerPoint slides, meeting reports, newsletters, educational materials, websites, marketing materials, patient education materials).
- To attend and report on conferences and external meetings, as required.
- To ensure high standards and scientific accuracy are maintained for all written materials.
- To comply with, and endorse, company procedures.
- To incorporate adult education best practices within learning materials.
- To develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels within the company and proactively encourage and implement improved efficiencies
- Educated to at least degree level in medicine, pharmacy, or life sciences
- Any experience in Medical Communications, or a related industry, in an editorial capacity
- Ability to produce accurate scientific copy in a range of writing styles
- Excellent understanding of the science and data behind client marketing messages and strategy
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written communication skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good research skills
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.
- Flexible working hours
- Office centrally located in-between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Pension scheme
- Local company discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Monthly office drinks
- Summer and Christmas party
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Option to purchase additional holiday