Due to our continued growth within our Medical writing team as well as recent acquisitions we have an exciting opportunity for an associate medical writer to join us, either remotely or based part-time in our London office.
We are open to accepting applications from those who are looking to take the first steps into a career as a medical writer.
- To provide the scientific and medical support to ensure successful project delivery.
- To conduct independent research into therapy areas, products, congresses, experts and competitive landscapes.
- To work, under supervision, with the business development team to contribute to new business proposals.
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with financial supporters and external opinion leaders, as required.
- To develop expertise and knowledge across a range of therapeutic areas of projects
- To write high quality scientific content aimed at the appropriate level for target audiences.
- To develop a range of writing styles (e.g. scientific manuscripts, abstracts, PowerPoint slides, meeting reports, newsletters, educational materials, websites, marketing materials, patient education materials).
- To attend and report on conferences and external meetings, as required.
- To ensure high standards and scientific accuracy are maintained for all written materials.
- To comply with, and endorse, company procedures.
- To incorporate adult education best practices within learning materials.
- To develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels within the company and proactively encourage and implement improved efficiencies
- Educated to at least degree level in medicine, pharmacy, or life sciences
- Any experience in Medical Communications, or a related industry, in an editorial capacity
- Ability to produce accurate scientific copy in a range of writing styles
- Excellent understanding of the science and data behind client marketing messages and strategy
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written communication skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good research skills
Cogora is one of the UK’s leading full-service healthcare marketing agencies, that sits at the heart of a highly engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years, we have cultivated and grown engaged communities of healthcare professionals, learning what they do, think and really need, in order to provide them with innovative and impactful education that helps them deliver high-quality care to their patients.