We analysed the global market for our client’s product, providing strategic recommendations on how they could increase market share in each of the target countries.
Our client wished to increase their share of the ready-to-use (RTU) market. They therefore commissioned a global market access project to provide strategic recommendations for therapy areas to focus their efforts on in each target market and advice on how to best market their products.
We conducted a four-phase project in which we:
- Carried out desk research to identify key decision-makers in each target market and the impact of national and regional regulations on their procurement decisions
- Designed and distributed a quantitative survey to hospital pharmacists in target markets to determine the therapy areas with the greatest business opportunities for RTUs
- Conducted semi-qualitative telephone discussions to provide in-depth understanding of key trends uncovered in the surveys and to gain greater insight into the factors impacting on RTU procurement decisions
- Held a one-day advisory board with senior stakeholders that further probed previous findings, explored what payers wished RTU manufacturers to demonstrate, and provided insight into current gaps in the RTU market
- 252 respondents to an online survey for pharmacists
- 30 telephone interviews with pharmacy employees
- 8 pharmacists from 6 EU countries attended an advisory board
At the end of the project, we produced a comprehensive 100-slide report that outlined the key findings from the overall project and provided strategic recommendations for how our client could best increase their market share in each of the target countries.
Based on the findings, the client re-positioned their portfolio to better suit the demands and requirements of the target markets. They also commissioned an additional follow-on project to support the planning of country-specific market access initiatives.