This role sits within the events team responsible for the conferences and events which go alongside our magazine brands.
Our events range from small, bespoke events for individual clients to large conferences and exhibitions with up to 1,000 attendees. It is a close-knit, sociable team, driven by delivering and exceeding KPIs of attendance, delegate satisfaction and commerciality which is achieved by working together to constantly come up with new ideas. Whilst there are personnel within the team responsible for logistics, marketing, sales etc, the production team hold a project management role and are targeted against revenue and delegate footfall.
This role will involve both legacy events and launch, the majority of which are free to attend. As events are ‘repeated’ in multiple locations throughout the year, finding novel ways to ensure fresh content and engagement is key.
Developing high quality conference programmes
- Researching content across a selection of conference portfolios. This will include sole production of some events and co-production of others, supporting the Production Manager.
- Primary research, desk research and consultation with internal advisors and external advisory boards to understand key drivers as well as keeping up to date with editorial content to ensure brand synergy
- Writing conference programmes which address the needs of the target audience
- Project management of events including
- Speaker management in run up to event including speaker briefings
- Receiving presentations
Assembling speaker materials i.e. biographies
- Negotiating expenses and organising travel/accommodation where appropriate
- Sponsor liaison (pre and post sale)
- Post event analysis and feedback
- On site management of conference programme and speakers
- On site assistance at other events outside of personal portfolio
Supporting events marketing campaigns
- Working with the marketing team to develop marketing messaging and USPs for each event
- Monitoring of new audiences to target and reasons why they would attend
- Providing copy for emails, websites and brochures
- Identifying and approaching possible marketing partnerships (contras)
- Constantly developing your knowledge of the healthcare sector
- Tracking the activity of direct competitors in our sector
- Keeping abreast of wider developments in the business information marketplace and liaising with SPEX to ensure this is reflected in commercial content
- Proactively suggesting new processes and ways of working to improve results
- Investigating new formats and ways of engaging delegates at events
- Constantly developing your understanding of the needs and motivators of our target audiences and supporter and filtering this to internal stakeholders (including marketing and sales) to improve and refine the events
- Any other reasonable task required
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 months experience in conference production with knowledge of seeing an event from inception to completion including primary and secondary research, speaker recruitment and on-site management. A prior knowledge of the health sector is not required but a science degree and an interest in health/medicine will be of benefit.
Candidates should be driven by seeing an event achieve its target as well as the overall success of the team. They should be confident in taking responsibility for their events and working autonomously whilst ensuring that all key stakeholders in the team are up to date with event progress. As events may be repeated several times through a year, the right candidate will be motivated by becoming an expert in each field/topic and be driven to constantly find new ways to engage the audience.
The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines is essential. The successful candidate must be able to multitask,working on multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates should have an understanding of commercial drivers to events and ability to identify and resolve potential conflict between delegate and sponsor objectives.
Must be confident with Microsoft office and willing to travel (UK only).
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly-engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need. Our in-house agencies combine these resources to create innovative and flexible solutions, educational programmes and marketing campaigns that deliver measurable, impactful outcomes.